In the mood for something exquisite but don't have enough time? or maybe too lazy or tired? well this is for you, this delicious yet easy recipe will leave you feeling satisfied with little to no hustle in preparing it.
feel free to leave me a message in case of any inquiries or suggestions for what recipe i should post next.
Hope you enjoy this recipe. :)
- For the pasta
- Penne pasta 1 packet
- Half a block shredded cheese (125g or more if you prefer it extra cheesy)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- For the marinara sauce
- 5 tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 1/2 tbs garlic paste
- lime juice (1 lime)
- spices (any that you prefer)
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp ketchup/tomato sauce (optional for sweetness element)
- 1/2 tsp chili sauce (optional for spicy element)
- chopped scallions
- 1Fill a large pan halfway through with water and bring it to boil, once the water starts bubbling add in your pasta together with the salt and let the pasta cook for about 10 minutes. (don't let it cook for too long, we don't want the pasta getting overcooked and soggy)
- 2Once the pasta is done drain it and run water through it so that it cools down and then add olive oil to it and mix (this helps prevent the pasta from softening and sticking together)
- 3Set your pasta aside and lets work on the marinara sauce. Roughly peel and chop your onions and tomatoes then put them in your blender together with the garlic paste and lime juice and blend until all ingredients are well blended. (make sure there are no chunks)
- 4Once the ingredients are all blended add the sauce into a pan and bring to a boil, let it simmer for a few minutes then add in your salt, pepper and other spices and stir well. Let it simmer again for a few minutes then add your ketchup and chili sauce, mix well and let it simmer for a few minutes then remove the pan from heat.
- 5Immediately add the pasta into the sauce stirring well, then add in the shredded cheese and mix it all well (at this moment the cheese will melt into the sauce and pasta)
- 6Serve while still hot and garnish with cilantro and chopped scallions or any other garnishes of your choice. :)